Radio Broadcast Audio Editor
Right Direction Church International (RDCI) is currently accepting applications for a part-time (15 to 20 hours per week) Broadcast Audio Editor. The successful candidate will report to the Media Director/Senior Broadcast Engineer. This individual’s responsibility is to assist with the creation, editing, and production of all audio material and products.
The Broadcast Audio Editor is responsible for downloading, listening, and editing audio content produced from events and worship services for nightly radio broadcasts and post-production products. This role involves listening for time-sensitive content, and ensuring audio messages flow smoothly for our listening audience. The incumbent must be consistent, disciplined with time management, and may have the ability to work remotely.
Primary responsibilities will include:
● Conduct the actual editing of raw recordings of worship services, bible studies, and special services by editing audio, splicing clips, and process enhancements when needed for nightly and weekly airing. (Nightly on WFMV Columbia and Georgia) (Weekly on Sundays on WQNC in Charlotte )
● Create a seamless stream of audio by mixing audio from other files.
● Review audio recordings and facilitate cutting things out and adding event promotions in every broadcast.
● Ensure the broadcast is polished before publishing and submitting it to Radio Stations.
● Ensure the quality of the audio does not compromise the content.
● Upload audio messages to our podcast distribution platform.
● Upload messages for campus subchannels without event promotions (Fort Mill, Orangeburg, and Florence)
● Upload weekly audio messages to the online bookstore for public consumption.
● Regularly separate, create and rotate audio promos for broadcasts, advertising RDCI’s current events, both regional and national.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Media Director.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
● A high school diploma or an Associate’s degree in Communications, Information Technology, Media Arts, or a related field.
● Familiarity with audio editing and podcast editing software including but not limited to Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro X, Audacity, GarageBand, Descript, and Reaper.
● Knowledge in taking and editing raw .wav files, .mp3 files, and other audio formats.
● Great communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
Right Direction Church International is a non-denominational church headquartered in Columbia, SC, with other churches located in Orangeburg, SC, Florence, SC & Ft. Mill, SC. Led by Bishop Herbert & Dr. Marcia Bailey, RDCI is dedicated to empowering people to live successful lives through the teaching of faith principles that transform thinking and impact future generations. RDCI’s impact is felt not only in our local communities but around the world through our international missions and partnerships. We believe RDCI is a spiritual community where people can connect, develop, and thrive.