Pentecost is officially the birthday of the New Testament church. It was the day of the manifested promise to Jesus’ disciples.
“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49
On this day, the disciples received the baptism of the Holy Spirit confirmed by the evidence of speaking in tongues as Jesus promised (Mark 16:17; Acts 2:4). On the day of Pentecost, Jews and proselytes made a pilgrimage to Jerusalem from all over the known world. With a new found boldness, The Apostle Peter preached and declared to all present that Jesus Christ of Nazareth was indeed the Messiah and Savior of the world
Yet, as exciting as the experience of Pentecost was, it was just the beginning of a new life empowered by the Holy Spirit. Over the next 14 days approaching Pentecost Sunday, let’s reflect and go deeper so we can fully appreciate all that the Spirit-filled life brings to the Christian who fully embraces this promise.
Bishop Herbert Bailey
Follow Bishop Herbert Bailey on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Day 14 “Free Refills” May 23, 2021
- Day 13 “Don’t Grieve the Holy Spirit” May 22, 2021
- Day 12 “Glorify Jesus” May 21, 2021
- Day 11 “Forbidden” May 20, 2021
- Day 10 “He’s a Keeper” May 19, 2021
- Day 9 “Countdown to Pentecost” May 18, 2021
- Day 8 “Receive the Holy Ghost” May 17, 2021